Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park
The 207-acre farm park is designed to provide educational, as well as various recreational resources for the community and celebrate the rich agricultural heritage of the area. The park includes an animal barn, visitor center and gift shop, farm-themed playground, demonstration crops and gardens, 20-acre native prairie, pasture land, a trailhead and one-mile paved trail along Wilson's Creek Greenway, and Wilson's Creek.
Special thanks to the Rutledge-Wilson families for their generous support of the Springfield-Greene County Park Board.
Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park was envisioned as part of the community's Vision 20/20 process, and has become a reality for Greene County and the Springfield metro area as a result of a 1/4-cent parks sales tax approved by voters in 2001.
Download our visitor guide (PDF) for interesting and helpful information about Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park.
- From I-44:
- West on I-44
- Exit on West Bypass- turn left off of exit
- Continue South on West Bypass until you reach Farm Road 146 (West Bennett St.), then turn right (Bradford Mini Storage on corner)
- Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park is approximately 1 mile down FR 146 on the right hand side
- From Sunshine:
- West on Sunshine
- Right onto West Bypass
- Take first left- Farm Road 146 (West Bennett St.)
- Farm is approximately 1 mile down FR 146 on the right hand side
Life on the Farm
When you visit Rutledge-Wilson Farm Park, you can enjoy the following activities:
- Special events throughout the year
- Fish in the fishing pond
- Gift shop
- Play on the farm-themed playground and pedal tractors
- See who lives in the big red barn
- View fields of crops and a large butterfly garden
- Walk, run or bike the Wilson's Creek Greenway