SPRINGFIELD, MO — Dogs and their best friends are invited to the Springfield-Greene County Dog Park’s 31st Annual Bark in the Park Sat., May 22, 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. at Phelps Grove Park, 950 E. Bennett St. The event is held south of the park pavilion.
The dog-friendly free event includes:
- 11 a.m. Musician Will Richardson performs
- 10:30 a.m. Precious K-9s dog demonstration
- 12:30 p.m. Precious K-9s dog demonstration
- 1 p.m. Musician Will Richardson performs
- Paw Print Art station with the Springfield Regional Arts Council
- Canine Vendor Village, featuring businesses and nonprofits dedicated to pet welfare
- Park Concessions sells hot dogs, hamburgers and snacks
The Springfield-Greene County Park Board and the Citizens Dog Park Committee present this annual event to raise awareness and funds for Cruse Dog Park, Springfield’s first off-leash members-only dog park, 1069 S. Wabash Ave., with an entrance off West Grand Street and South Kansas Expressway, behind Walgreen’s.
Bark in the Park sponsors include PetsWay and Camp Bow Wow.
Event vendors have until Monday, May 17 to register for the Canine Vendor Village. Print a registration form here or call 417-864-1049.
Participants and vendors are advised that Brookside Drive is closed for construction south of the Springfield Art Museum, between the Perry Tennis Courts and Linwood Circle. The main Phelps Grove parking lot remains open. Use Bennett street or other routes to reach the park.
For more information, look for Bark in the Park at ParkBoard.org, visit the Facebook event, or call the Springfield-Greene County Park Board at 417-864-1049.
For media inquiries, contact Jenny Fillmer Edwards, Public Information Administrator for the Springfield-Greene County Park Board, at 417-224-5510.