SPRINGFIELD, MO – Childcare services reopen Monday, Nov. 2, at Springfield-Greene County Park Board Family Centers, after closing for seven months due to COVID-19 prevention.
Reservations are now required for childcare at Chesterfield, Dan Kinney and Doling family centers. Kids ages 3 months to 8 years may be registered for childcare, offered free of charge for members (an additional $3 for paying guests) for up to 2-hour intervals. Capacity is limited. Parents must remain in the building at all times while their kids are in childcare.
Childcare is one of the last Family Center features to resume, following the closure of fitness facilities earlier in 2020. Since reopening, activities have been added as city orders and safety measures allow. COVID-19 prevention remains important at all Park Board family centers, where temperature checks are required upon entry, capacity is limited and extra cleaning protocols are in place.
Additional COVID-19 prevention measures in place in childcare include:
- Limited capacity.
- Cleaning between open intervals.
- Screening during the reservations process and again during check-in for symptoms of illness and recent travel.
- Handwashing upon arrival in childcare.
- Parent sign-in and sign-out, with a contact phone number while using the facility.
- No food or snacks allowed.
- All toys, games and common surfaces will be disinfected after use.
- Staff will not change diapers — parents will be called.
- Following CDC and Springfield-Greene County Health Department childcare guidelines.
Childcare hours at all three locations are:
- Monday-Friday, 9-11 a.m., 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., 4-5:45 p.m., and 6:15-8 p.m.
- Saturday, 9-11 a.m., 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Sunday, 1-1:45 p.m., 2:15-4 p.m.
Call to make reservations:
- Chesterfield Family Center, 417-891-1616
- Dan Kinney Family Center, 417-891-1500
- Doling Family Center, 417-874-5900
For media inquiries, contact Jenny Fillmer Edwards, Public Information Administrator for the Springfield-Greene County Park Board, at 417-224-5510 (mobile).