Fassnight Park was acquired by the Park Board in 1924, on land along a Fassnight Creek, between Campbell and Grant Avenues. Springfield’s first public swimming pool and a two-story fieldstone bathhouse and pavilion were added in 1927. The WPA added stone bridges across Fassnight Creek in the 1930s. The Park Board considered replacing the pool and bathhouse with modern architecture in 1978, but public sentiment changed their plans and the facility was saved. Neighboring Parkview High School has a hilltop view of the park. Fassnight Creek Greenway parallels the creek, connecting to the Springfield Skate Park on the west and Phelps Grove Park and the Springfield Art Museum on the east. Check swimming pool schedules at ParkBoard.org/Aquatics.