The Greater Springfield Community Sports Development Program (CSDP) provides young men and women the opportunity to learn and compete in the sport of archery with recreational shooting up to the possibility of competing in the Olympics, Paralympics or World Championships.
Pathway of Development lays out the approach that we use to develop the athlete from just learning the sport to becoming an elite archer ready to compete nationally.
We have both indoor and outdoor sessions. These programs provide strong fundamental foundation techniques for the archers to learn the sport correctly and safely. Archery is a lifetime sport.
Head Coach - Amy Francka
- 18 Years Archery Teaching Experience
- Scholastic 3D Archery
- Archery Trade Association certified Explore Bow hunting Instructor
- Missouri National Archery In the Schools Program Coordinator - MDC 2010 - 2011
- National Archery In the Schools Instructor Trainer Specialist
- USA Archery Level 3 NTS Coach
- Mental Management 101 Certified
- Safe Sport Certified
Now Registering for Learn to Shoot Classes
Open to the public. Bring your own equipment. Indoor 20-yard range, outdoor sight-in range and NFAA field range. Rental equipment for indoor range only.
|Age:||All ages, prior experience required|
|Time:||Mon.-Fri., Noon-7 p.m.; Sat., 10 a.m.- 1 p.m.
annual passes available
Try Archery Program
Allows beginners an opportunity to shoot a limited number of arrows under the supervision of an instructor. Equipment is provided.
|Age:||6 yrs. and up|
|Time:||Wed., 6-7 p.m.|
Open Range Time
- Open to the Public
- Monday - Friday Noon - 7 p.m. and Saturdays 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Cost - $5 per hour or $15/monthly membership
- 3 Ranges Available
- Indoor Range (20 yards), Outdoor Sight-In range (70 yards) and Walking Wooded 14-Target Range
- Archers must have prior experience
- Archers may bring their own equipment or rent equipment for $3
- $1 / Paper Target
Private Lessons Available
- Scheduled as available
- Developing a Shot Sequence
- NASP practice
- Sighting in a bow
- Sizing for a recurve bow purchase
- Tournament Shooting preparation
- USA Archery National Training System of shooting
Register for tournaments today.
Missouri State University Team
- Team Practice
- Fridays 5-7 p.m.
- Archery Complex
- Dues paid by the semester